Thursday, May 31, 2012

Herb Expressions

I just finished making a set of cards for a co-worker of mine using the stamp set "Herb Expressions".  She bought the stamp set from me just so I'd make her these cards :)  I made two of each card for a set of 8.

I wanted the design to be really simple but powerful so the image would draw your eyes right away, so I used a really clean layout with a lot of white space.  I also didn't want the colors of the card base and layers to stand out very much, so I went with monochrome.

I am incredibly photo-editing-illiterate.  I tried for a long time to figure out how to save my watermark as a brush but I just couldn't do it.  I made it work anyway, because that's how I do things.  Ha!





SUPPLIES
Stamp Set: Herb Expressions
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Colors: Colored Pencils*

All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless marked with a *.

Please note that these cards have absolutely nothing to do with 100 in 100.  I will start that tomorrow and track my progress post by post.  I wanted to use these cards as a "trial run" for editing and posting to my blog.  I think I did okay ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Great card set, love the clean design! I have made a couple of card sets with this set also and used pretty much that exact layout except with ovals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete