Wednesday, June 13, 2012

8 & 9 of 100

Hello again!  Tonight I have projects 8 and 9 for you :)

#8 was inspired by Mojo Monday #242
And here is what I came up with!


I paper pieced the top of the umbrella in Tempting Turquoise.  Both the image and the sentiment are stamped crooked -_-  The writing on the umbrella reads "Friendship is a cozy shelter from life's rainy days."

SUPPLIES
Stamps: The Fine Print, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Whisper White, Melon Mambo (Brights DSP Patterns Stack)
Ink: Basic Gray
Other: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Dimensionals, White Gel Pen

And Card #9 was inspired by Mojo Monday Sketch #166 and Colour Q #18


And I ended up with this:



At first I was not so sure about the color combination, but I wanted to try to challenge myself out of my comfort zone.  I tried to use Old Olive DSP but it just stood out more than it should have.  I decided then to do the sentiment in Old Olive instead and make it much more subtle, and it worked great, I think!  I very very lightly sponged the edges of the oval in Old Olive, too.  I realized that I stamped the sentiment too low on the oval so I punched some flowers with a Studio G punch and added white dots with my gel pen.  I really like how it turned out :)  I think I would definitely make more cards like this!

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, So Saffron (Subtles DSP Patterns Stack)
Ink: Old Olive
Other: XL Oval Punch, Flower Punch*, Dimensionals, White Gel Pen

All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless marked with a *.

Now, I just want to say that the other ladies doing the 100 in 100 Challenge with me are coming up with some fab cards!  I have lots of ideas for projects to do in the future.

I'm not sure if I'll be posting tomorrow night or not.  I get my new stuff tomorrow!  Which means either I'll take it all out and put it away nice and organized-like, or I'll rip a few things open and play (I, uh, I bought a Big Shot.  SO EXCITED).  Anyway.  I think I might take some pictures of my craft room soon and post them.  I'd love to see pictures of everyone else's space too!

Well, that's all for tonight.  Have a good one! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great cards! I just discovered Mojo Monday doing this challenge, and I absolutely love their sketches! Great save on the sentiment. The flowers look perfect above the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete